Facebook Pinterest Instagram G+ Teachers Pay Teachers Bloglovin Image Map

31 May 2014

Diggin' Into Next Year

 
I'm excited to be a part of this great group of bloggers participating in the "Diggin' Into Next Year" series! Each week this summer we will focus on one area that we can improve upon in our classrooms for next year! 
 
 
Organize my classroom! Since I homeschool my kids, our classroom is currently a corner of our dining room. I would love to have more space, but for now, it's what I have to work with!
 

Since most of the things my kids do for school aren't the same, I found it wasn't very easy to help each one transition to the next thing they needed to do when they were done because I was usually in the middle of helping one of the other children! This year I would love to implement the workbox system. If you are not familiar with it, it's basically using a storage cart with drawers like this:


So, each child has his/her own cart. You put in one subject's work inside each drawer, along with any materials needed to complete the work. So the kids start at the top and work their way down, going from one activity to the next independently! Erica from Confessions of a Homeschooler has a great video tutorial here if you are interested in seeing more how the workbox system works!


This is our little school corner. We also use the dining room table when we need more room. This space will remain our school area, but I will of course go through this summer and clean out some things we don't use and straighten it up a bit! I really am an organized person, and I love having things neat...but staying home with 4 kids and doing school....it just doesn't always happen and I've had to learn to let some things go.



Anyway, I'm very excited to see how the workbox system works for us! Be sure to check out all the other posts for great organizational ideas!

http://wherethemagichappensdaily.blogspot.com/2014/05/organized-maybe-just-touch.html
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment