Facebook Pinterest Instagram G+ Teachers Pay Teachers Bloglovin Image Map

07 July 2014

I'm Diggin' Into...


Start off school at the beginning of the year!
 
 
Well, since we homeschool, my back to school is very different than a classroom teacher in many ways! I don't have to get to know my students since they are my own kids :-)
 
However, there are some things we do at the beginning to help the year go smoothly! I am going to try and set a consistent routine from the start, so my kids know what to expect. It's easier said than done since we will have a 2 year old and 1 year old in the mix, but the more we can establish a schedule and routine in the beginning, the better it will be!
 
I'm going to try and get the kids to take more ownership by implementing the workbox system that I blogged about here. They will be able to transition from one activity to the next without always having me help them! I really feel that if we can make it routine from the start, it will make our days go a lot more smoothly and I will be less stressed!
 
 

Here are 2 freebies that are great get to know you activities for the beginning of school, and can be used for a variety of grade levels!
 
Who Am I Classroom Activity - Beginning of the Year/End of
 
Class Bingo Game Card
 
I also have this fun class activity that can be used as a great team building exercise to start the year off right!
 
Class Poster Mystery Picture Activity - Ocean
 
Here are several more Back to School activities that are fun and interactive! Use them during the first week to keep your students engaged while you handle all the necessary tasks associated with the beginning of the school year!
 
Mystery Picture Graphs - Back to School Pack
 
All About Apples - Print & Go
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Back-to-School-Build-a-Sentence-Literacy-Center-Activity-1294000
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Back-to-School-Interactive-Emergent-Reader-783273
 
 

 Visit "Where the Magic Happens" to see more Beginning of the Year ideas!

http://wherethemagichappensdaily.blogspot.com/2014/07/tons-of-freebies-for-beginning-of-year.html


No comments:

Post a Comment