Facebook Pinterest Instagram G+ Teachers Pay Teachers Bloglovin Image Map

06 January 2014

January Currently

Happy New Year!!

We got back into the swing of things today with homeschool! Even though it's hard for the kids to get going sometimes, I always enjoy the routine that comes with school. I'm in the process of figuring out where to go next with my 3 yr. old. She has learned all the letters and their sounds and can write most of them. So, I think I'll do a little more with numbers and maybe start some word families and sight words. My son, who is now 6, picked up reading so easily that I feel like she is the first one I'm actually "teaching" how to read. We'll see how it goes! I know she's only 3, so I'm not going to push at all, just let her learn at her own pace.

I'm linking up again with Oh Boy 4th Grade for January's Currently! So here's what I'm currently doing...

3 comments:

  1. I always seem to need more sleep! I got into a bad habit over break of sleeping in too long and now I am going to have to finally break it tomorrow. Have fun going out to dinner with your family tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 4 year old daughter goes to an amazing preschool and she knows all of her letters, can write them, spell her name and numbers from 1-10. She has sight words to practice each week. Being a teacher myself, I don't push her to do the homework unless she wants to, but she usually does. I give you credit, I don't think I could stay at home and teach my own daughter. Sounds like you've done an amazing job! Congrats!

    Found your blog through Currently! Would love for you to head over and check out my blog…if you hurry and are one of the first 14 people to comment, you'll win freebie!
    Lindsay
    If You Give a Teacher a Treat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I found your blog on Farley's Currently! I am so impressed with what your daughter knows already! I currently teach first grade and have taught kindergarten for many years. What I wouldn't give to have a student come in with so much knowledge of letters and sounds! Keep up the good work!

    Kristen
    A+ Classroom Creations

    ReplyDelete