Facebook Pinterest Instagram G+ Teachers Pay Teachers Bloglovin Image Map

09 July 2013

It's Not Ideal But It'll Have to Do!!

This fall I will be in a unique situation trying to homeschool my kindergartner. Besides the fact that we'll have a new baby at the end of August, my husband and I will be taking a class with our church that will be Mondays through Thursdays from 8:30-12:30. We are taking this class so that we can move back overseas next spring. Unfortunately that means someone else will have to watch our kids those mornings. :( I don't like that part one bit, but it's just for a short season!!

So, instead of being creative and doing a lot of planning and preparing myself, I have resorted to buying colorful workbooks for my son to go through. Ugh. I might have him do computer work in the mornings when I'm gone (since the sitter will have his 2 younger sisters to watch) and do pages from the books in the afternoon when I get home. But, we'll just have to experiment and find what works best! Like I said, it's by no means ideal or what I feel is best, but it's really what has to happen for now. He is honestly very much above kindergarten level in reading and math because I've already been homeschooling him for awhile and he learns very quickly and easily, so I know he isn't going to suffer educationally or get behind at all by doing things this way for a short time.

 
Here are his books I've ordered. A little bit of this and a little bit of that. He was excited to see them and look through them all, but after a few minutes of looking at his math book he said, "This doesn't really seem that fun." Ha. Well...sorry bud.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mrs. Thompson! I am here to nominate you for the Liebster blogging award!! Here is some info about the Liebster Award!

    JoAn
    Tiny Toes

    ReplyDelete